Friday, May 22, 2009

How Green is Your Hygiene? - Intro

Hands up if your bathroom looks more like a chemist's lab than a place to remove the grime and dirt of your days. My hand is up, but I'm working on it. It has finally dawned on me that I may well be walking out of the bathroom with more shit in my hair and skin than when I walked in. And if it's doing that to ME...what's it doing to our water?

Time to take a closer look...

But forget all the science. I don't have the time or the inclination to figure out what all those chemicals are in the stuff I use, and which of them are the worst. So here's how this is going to work:

No chemicals. Easy peasy...but what is a chemical? For the purposes of this experiment, we will define a chemical as:
  1. anything I don't recognize; or
  2. anything I can't pronounce on the first try.
Good! The ground rules are laid...we'll start with hair in Pt. 1 of How Green is Your Hygiene?

No comments: