Friday, April 3, 2009

Date for my Birthday

Oh boy, oh boy. Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm going to a vermicomposting seminar for my birthday. Oh boy.

Vermicomposting is composting with the help of worms.

Actually, I AM really excited about it, although some of my friends and family think I'm a little strange. When my niece heard that I *may* keep worms on the kitchen counter, she almost swallowed her tongue. But I'm sure she'll get used to it.

I have been wanting to do a post on vermicomposting for a while now, and last year sent out a couple of emails to local companies that offer vermicomposting "starter kits" as well as special buckets, bedding, information, and most importantly, WORMS.

Never heard back from either of them. I've wondered if it had anything to do with the last question I apologized for, yet went ahead and asked anyway..."Is it necessary to actually TOUCH the worms?"

C'mon. Green living for real people. I'm a real girl. I would prefer not to touch worms if possible. Thank god it's not spider composting...I would just hit Walmart for a case of aerosol hairspray and kiss the environment goodbye.

Anyway...will get back with more on vermicomposting after tomorrow. Gee...wonder if they'll be handing out free samples at the door?

No comments: